Apply to be a Global Student Communications Assistant—Deadline January 16
The Office of the Vice President for Global Engagement is accepting applications for a Student Communications Assistant (SCA) for the Spring 2018 semester.
- Building a network and brand awareness through feature stories, social media, and other outreach efforts;
- Conceptualizing, researching, and drafting features for the Global Georgetown website;
- Compiling upcoming events, new research, and other news related to the university’s global engagement;
- Monitoring and engaging with audiences on Twitter and Facebook;
- Copy-editing communications materials and reports; and
- Other research and administrative projects as assigned.
The SCA will work 10 to 12 hours per week. This position requires strong writing and research skills; attention to detail; creativity; and the ability to both independently and collaboratively work on multiple projects under tight deadlines. Experience in public relations, communications, advertising, graphic design, or international affairs a plus.
If interested, please email a cover letter, resume, unofficial transcript, and 500 to 750 word writing sample as one PDF file to Andrew Walker at Andrew.Walker@georgetown.edu by midnight on Tuesday, January 16.