Alicia Ely Yamin is a visiting professor of law and program director of the Health and Human Rights Initiative at the O'Neill Institute for National and Global Health Law. She joined Georgetown University in 2016.
International activities include:
- Held the prestigious Joseph H. Flom Fellowship on Global Health and Human Rights at Harvard Law School from 2007 to 2011.
- Global Fellow at the Centre for Law and Social Transformation in Norway.
- Contributed to and consulted on the drafting of multiple General Comments by UN treaty bodies, as well as UN Human Rights Council resolutions.
- Serves as a panelist on the Secretary-General’s Independent Accountability Panel for the Global Strategy for Women’s Children’s and Adolescents’ Health and as a commissioner on the Lancet - O'Neill Institute Commission on Global Health and the Law.
- Served on WHO Task Forces on the Oversight Committee of Kenya’s Constitutional Implementation Commission’s work on the right to health.