Laura Anderko is a professor and the Robert and Kathleen Scanlon Chair in Values Based Health Care in the Department of Nursing in the School of Nursing and Health Studies. She is also the School of Nursing and Health Studies faculty fellow in the Center for Social Justice Research, Teaching, and Service (CSJ).
Major international activities include:
- Serves as the director of the Mid-Atlantic Center for Children’s Health and the Environment, a regional pediatric environmental health specialty unit of the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Involved with international work around climate change and health through the Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments
- Served on the Environmental Protection Agency’s federal advisory committee
- Named a White House Champion of Change in 2013 for her research on the health implications of climate-change
- Received a 5-year grant to lead a Center for Disease Control and Prevention initiative to study children and environmental health