Ambassador Barbara Bodine is a distinguished professor of the practice of diplomacy and the director of the Institute for the Study of Diplomacy in the School of Foreign Service. She joined the Georgetown faculty in 2014.
International activities include:
- Retired career senior foreign service officer
- Served as U.S. ambassador to Yemen from 1997-2001
- Earned the Secretary of State’s Award for Valor for work in Kuwait
- Former member of the board of directors of the American Academy of Diplomacy
- Member of the Council on Foreign Relations