James Habyarimana is the Provost's Distinguished Associate Professor in the McCourt School of Public Policy and an affiliate of the Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development, and Evaluation. He joined the Georgetown faculty in 2004 and is a member of the Global Health Initiative faculty committee.
International activities include:
- Studies the impact of policy responses to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa and evaluating a number of health improving interventions in road safety and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Conducts research to identify programs and policies to improve access and quality of secondary schooling.
- Teaches the second course in regression methods and courses on the history of development and education and health policy in developing countries at the McCourt School.
- Co-directs the Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation.
- Served as a non-resident fellow at the Center for Global Development.