James Habyarimana is the Provost's Distinguished Associate Professor in the McCourt School of Public Policy. He joined the Georgetown faculty in 2004 and is a member of the Global Health Initiative faculty committee.
International activities include:
- Studies the impact of policy responses to the HIV/AIDS epidemic in Africa and evaluating a number of health improving interventions in road safety and water, sanitation, and hygiene.
- Conducts research to identify programs and policies to improve access and quality of secondary schooling.
- Teaches the second course in regression methods and courses on the history of development and education and health policy in developing countries at the McCourt School.
- Co-directs the Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation.
- Served as a non-resident fellow at the Center for Global Development.